Saturday, 1 November 2014

Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Cafe - Rebecca Raisin

About the book...
Snow is falling thick and fast outside the Gingerbread Café and, inside, its owner Lily is planning the wedding of the year. Her wedding! She never dreamt it would happen, but this Christmas she’ll be marrying the man of her dreams — in a Christmas-card-perfect ceremony!
The gingerbread is baking, the dress is fitted and the mistletoe’s in place — for once, everything’s going to plan. That is until her mother-in-law arrives... Suddenly, Lily’s famous cool is being tested like never before and her dream wedding is crumbling before her eyes.
In the blink of a fairy light, the Gingerbread Café has been thrown into chaos! Lily thought she had this wedding wrapped up, but with so much to do before she says ‘I do’, can Lily get to the church on time — and make this Christmas sparkle after all?



You are invited to the wedding of the year!
Find the book here:
Amazon Aust http://bit.ly/1uCJVjx / Itunes http://bit.ly/1manX5S / 
About the author...
Rebecca Raisin is a true bibliophile. This love of books morphed into the desire to write them. She’s been widely published in various short-story anthologies, and in fiction magazines, and is now focusing on writing romance. The only downfall about writing about gorgeous men who have brains as well as brawn is falling in love with them — just as well they’re fictional. Rebecca aims to write characters you can see yourself being friends with. People with big hearts who care about relationships, and, most importantly, believe in true, once-in-a-lifetime love.



Find Rebecca here:
A Guest Post... Long distance promotion

Thank you for having me here today, Dawn!
Dawn has asked me to share with you today how an author who lives in Australia manages to connect and engage with readers and bloggers from the UK. 
I have been asked this a lot by other writers, who wonder why I sell far more books in the UK than I do in my own country or in the US. 
When my first book Christmas at the Gingerbread Café was published I didn’t have much idea on exactly what I was meant to do to get it ‘out there’ in terms of social media or marketing. I signed up for a blog tour last minute, and learned very quickly about reviews, and guest posts, and all the things that accompany a book release. I had no idea what Netgalley was, and a widget? I thought it was some kind of insect! 
In a way it was nice being so naïve about what to do, because I kind of stumbled on a bunch of the loveliest and most supportive bloggers and readers from the UK who I now class as real friends. 
I didn’t seek out reviewers from the UK, because I blithely thought I would sell better in Australia and the US because that’s where I had friends. And I knew absolutely no one in the UK! 
Reviewers started downloading Christmas at the Gingerbread Café from Netgalley and then tagging me on twitter with their reviews. I was completely gobsmacked by it all! 
They liked the book! They were blogging about it
It was like a dream come true! I was so grateful that these respected bloggers took a chance on an unknown author, and then spent time writing detailed reviews and posting them all over their various sites. I began to read their blogs, and interact with them on social media. At that stage, I didn’t know that the Gingerbread Café books would turn into a series, I was just happy to be part of the fun, getting to know these women, and meeting a host of people from the UK.
Almost a year later, and four books, I’ve come to know these women extremely well. There’s something really supportive in this kind of community, firstly we all share a love of reading, but it’s greater than that. There’s a lot going on in our lives, and we share that as well. Behind the book chatter, we share our private lives too. I feel blessed to have met so many people who are so similar. And I feel as though I’m surrounded by true friends. I love tweeting, and facebooking them, and it makes writing that much sweeter. 
So I think, like any relationship whether it’s virtual or not, the key to making friends, is to be yourself, and be genuine. The UK bloggers and book lovers are the most inclusive I know! They make twitter a very cheerful place, and I can’t wait for Christmas this year, with all the lovely snowy guest posts, and fun that goes on! But even better is, I will get to meet these lovely ladies in March when I head over there for a visit. That will truly be a huge highlight for me, and I am so excited to finally be able to hug them all! 

My thoughts...
I was given an ecopy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review, which I'm more than happy to do.

I make no secret of the fact that from reading the very first 'gingerbread' book Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe I was hooked.  Rebecca has a beautiful way of writing that you feel like you're reading about real friends and places.  Every book is a drool a minute and not just from the delicious offerings in the cafe!

This latest book sees Lily preparing for 'the wedding of the year'.  She and Damon her fiancé are due to marry on Christmas Eve and Lily is flat out preparing for that, at the same time as running the Gingerbread Cafe with her best friend CeeCee.

Just as in real life, weddings, future mother-in-law's and christmas add a fair bit of stress as well as hilarity and fun to the mix.  I thought each of the two previous  'gingerbread' books was the best and didn't think they could be topped but, this book is special, it far outshines the others.  Although I'm sure the christmas charm and gingerbread treats have blinkered my view (as I'm sure was intended).  It truly is a delicious read that will touch your heart, make you teary eyed then lift you again making you smile.  

Rebecca has poured bucket fulls of charm, love, character and drama into this book.  Demonstrating with ease the power of love, friendship and trust.  When the chips are down the Ashford community rally - each and every character necessary and important to the story.  There is always a reason for our actions although the motivation is not always clear at first as we found out when Lily met her future mother in law for the first time.

If you're looking for a read that will warm your heart, drag you into the story and let the pages wrap around your heart then this and the other books in the series are for you.  It is a sensory book that will make you drool and sniff.  The descriptions are so vivid, smells and tastes seem so real.  It has characters that I'd be proud to call my friends and a town that I'd move to tomorrow.  So head over to amazon and order this book now - you won't be disappointed - I loved it, loved it, loved it.