Monday, 28 July 2014

The Oxford Blue Series plus interview - Pippa Croft

About the books...
The First Time We Met is the first novel in the sizzling new Oxford Blue romance series from Pippa Croft.

Senator's daughter Lauren Cusack is leaving Washington behind for the dreaming spires of Oxford University - and she's ready for a challenge. Now a fully fledged Master's student, Lauren is determined to make the most of every single minute.

But then she meets Alexander Hunt, and everything changes.

A devastatingly handsome English aristocrat, Alexander is as brooding and enigmatic as they come. Lauren tries to resist his advances, but he has his sights clearly set on the young American, and what Alexander wants, he gets.

Caution soon gives way to mind-blowing passion and Lauren is drawn into Alexander's privileged world of glamour and status. But all that glitters is not gold - for Alexander is a man with a dark past, and desire may not be enough to conquer all else  



The First Time We Met is for one week only 
(28th July – 3rd August) will be 99p



Lauren and Alexander's journey continues in the second novel in Pippa Croft's Oxford Blue romance series.

It's the beginning of a new term at Wyckham College, Oxford, and a fresh start for Lauren Cusack. Her fingers were badly burnt when a whirlwind romance with gorgeous English aristocrat, Alexander Hunt, became too hot to handle - and now she's determined to keep her distance.

Her resolve is shaken when Alexander appears on her doorstep - he's been completely torn apart by some devastating news. Lauren knows that she should stay away, but their chemistry is undeniable and she soon finds herself back in Alexander's arms.

Can Lauren handle the drama that comes with Alexander Hunt? Or will she have to sacrifice the most exhilarating passion she's ever known . . .


The Second Time I Saw You will be £1.99 
for one week only (28th July – 3rd August)!

The love story continues - Third Time Lucky is the third book in Pippa Croft's compelling Oxford Blue romance series.
Fans of E L James, Tammara Webber and Samantha Young won't be able to get enough of Pippa Croft's Oxford Blue romance series. Lauren and Alexander's journey begins in The First Time We Met, and follows on in the brilliant sequel, The Second Time I Saw You, which are both available as Penguin ebooks.
Pippa Croft is the pen name of an award-winning romantic novelist. After studying English at Oxford, she worked as a copywriter and journalist before writing her debut novel, which won the RNA's New Writers' award and was later made into a TV movie. She lives in a village in the heart of England with her husband and daughter.

Third Time Lucky will be published in 9th Oct 
and can be pre-ordered from Amazon

I had the pleasure of asking Pippa Croft a few questions...

Welcome to my blog Pippa ☺
  • Did you always aspire to being a writer and if you weren’t what would your dream job be?
I’ve always ‘written’ since I could hold a pen – but I never enjoyed telling stories, always choosing factual and descriptive pieces. After doing English Lit at uni, it’s no surprise I ended up in copywriting and journalism. I was finally inspired to start writing romantic fiction after watching a TV drama called North & South in2004. Like EL James, my novel career began in fan-fiction...
  • What is the highlight of your career to date?
Three things: getting my first book deal from Headline for Decent Exposure in 2006, then seeing it made into a TV movie in 2009 and being published by Penguin Books in 2014. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined any of those things, ten years ago.
  • What can you tell us about The Oxford Blue Series to whet my readers appetites?
It’s a passionate, steamy, intense, funny, emotional, angsty roller coaster ride... centred on two bright people who can’t bear to be together or apart. Lauren and Alexander face the dilemmas that all of us do at some time – career vs love; head vs heart – and in their case, due to Alexander’s situation, those dilemmas are intensified.
  • Third Time Lucky is the final book in the Oxford Blue Series.  Will you be sorry to say good-bye to Lauren and Alexander?
I already am! I have several ideas for new books but I’m not quite ready to leave Lauren and Alexander  behind yet so I can’t seem to settle to one just yet.
  • The Oxford Blue series is a little steamy at times, how do you research your story-lines – now there’s a leading question?
Ha!  The Oxford setting came naturally to me, having studied there – but the story-lines are a mixture of pre-planning and pantstering. When you have characters as determined and headstrong as Lauren, Alexander, Emma et al are, they tend to dictate the plot themselves.  I’ve tried to inject lots of suspense and surprises, but most of that has arisen from the dilemmas and conflicts faced by Lauren and Alexander. They definitely don’t do a ‘quiet life’! 
  • If you was granted one writing wish, what would that be?
To keep on writing more books, and expire at an advanced age, mid way through a steamy sentence.
  • What do you do to relax when you are not writing? 
Get outdoors, running, walking, swimming – outside if possible – snorkelling, surfing and bodyboarding on holiday. Or I go shopping – even Tesco is an outing to me.
  • I know you recognise and appreciate the blogging/social media community but keeping up the interaction must at times be draining - particularly of your time.  What are your thoughts on this?
It’s become part of my life and my job – and I’m addicted – so no longer seems unusual and I’ve stopped feeling guilty about it!
  • What can we expect next from Pippa Croft?
I’m having a break after writing three books in one year and when I finally let go of Lauren and Alexander, I’ll settle down to developing my next project seriously. For  now, I’m letting my brain rest. ☺
   Now for a little bit of fun, a glimpse at the 
real Pippa Croft:-

What’s your favourite tipple? 
Kir – preferably a kir royale

Do you prefer savoury or sweet things?
Savoury – I dare not have crisps or dips in the house and I am terrible for raiding the fridge around 5pm for crackers and philadephia.

Friends coming round  - cook or get a take-away? 
Now I’ve finished the series, I’d like to cook – in the ‘old days’ before I wrote books, I used to have themed dinner parties. 

Do you prefer hot or cold climates? 
Either is fine as long as it’s dry and sunny.

Do you prefer a beach holiday or city break? 
Generally, I like a beach holiday – even in the winter – or going to the Lakes where we have a holiday let flat. But we did have an amazing weekend in Rome in February as research for Second Time I Saw You.

Which would you prefer luxury cruise or fly long haul first class? 
Long haul first class – I don’t travel well but the very thought of being on a boat for longer than half an hour makes me feel queasy. I once threw up on the Dover to Calais ferry.

Do you prefer to go to the cinema or theatre? 
Impossible! I love both so much – we love seeing the latest movies on the big screen and last month I went to the Old Vic to see the Crucible with Richard Armitage.

Which do you prefer comedy or true stories?
Comedy every time, though I am addicted to newspapers and read or buy one most days for my dose of realism.

Do you have any pets? 
Sadly, my OH is allergic to furry creatures but we did have a  couple of rabbits when my daughter lived at home. I do like dogs and cats though.

Tell us something we don’t know about you? 
I’m very distantly related to a serial killer and also, on a much nicer note, to the late and amazing Jane McGrath, the breast cancer campaigner and former wife of Glenn McGrath (ask any Australian – they were incredibly famous.)