Friday, 18 July 2014

Not Quite Perfect Blog Tour - Annie Lyons


About the author...

Annie Lyons is the best-selling author of Not Quite Perfect (now available in paperback) and Not Quite Perfect Christmas (A Short Story). Her new novel Dear Lizzie is published by Carina and is available as an eBook.  

Author Links: Carina UK / Facebook / Twitter Goodreads

About the book...


Sometimes having it all isn’t enough…

Emma has everything she’s ever wanted. Her boyfriend’s just proposed and her career has finally taken off. And so what if her latest client just happens to be downright gorgeous? She’s getting married. Isn’t she?

Rachel’s married with 2.4 children (well, actually, 3) and life is all about trying to leave the house in a non-stained top. Once it was about skinny cappuccinos, cocktails and dynamic ad agency meetings. She wants her old life back, but can it ever be the same?

A sparkling, funny tale of two sisters and how often you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.


Win a copy for yourself here:-

#NotQuitePerfectBut blogging chain....

I received an email out of the blue with a quote from a fellow blogger, she had nominated me to be part of the #NotQuitePerfect blogging chain. I have to say I was touched and delighted to be nominated, I sat at my desk, thinking OMG, how lovely is that. I didn't hesitate and made my return nomination with ease.  I've always read books, that's my hobby period!!  I'm not creative or talented in any other way - except perhaps list writing :) but I love losing myself in a book.  Sometimes it's a gritty crime or psychological book, other times it's a lighter contemporary book - but the one thing I look for is a book with a message.  It could be something complex and deep or it could be something simple like friendship or the need for communication.  I have only blogged about books since last November, so only eight months and I'm so glad I started - I've made so many new friends, both fellow bloggers and authors - virtual and real.  I love it when someone says they're going to buy book, because of my review - sharing a passion, when someone appreciates the time I've taken to post my thoughts is totally fulfilling - but you see I'm #NotQuitePerfect because "whispering" I never read reviews until I've read the book myself.

Anyway the absolutely gorgeous, Sam Smith was my nomination.

Dawn to Samantha Bates: "You're #NotQuitePerfectBut you're always upbeat, positive and encouraging to everyone no matter what sort of day you are having yourself, thank you for your support, you're amazing".   
http://mrsbbooks2011.blogspot.co.uk/

Come back next week when the competition ends my review will be here!!

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I'm certainly #NotQuitePerfect I'm a little bit hot-headed, I swear too much and I eat far too much chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in good company - I drink too much red wine too :) x

      Delete
  2. I am certainly #NotQuitePerfect I only uses one eye, my cooking is dodgy and I hoard clutter and bin important things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha you need one of my lists - that I sometimes forget to refer to ;D

      Delete
  3. I'm so not #NotQuitePerfect - I'm very impatient and am guilty of letting housework slide in favour of book reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I have OCD so do too much of both - sleep suffers for me ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm not quite perfect but .... All my kids and foster kids think I'm doing a good enough job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think you're amazing - I only had one, same age as your eldest and that was hard work! :)

      Delete
  5. Too fat and disabled do no way near perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a perfectionist, but not quite perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been told (by my husband) that I'm too opinionated and one in a million ..but #NotQuitePerfect lol Thanks Dawn for this lovely giveaway xx

    ReplyDelete